Download our handy FAQ takeaway guide to Retained Search
What does retained mean in regards to recruitment?
How do I pay for a retained search?
Why would I pay part of the fee upfront?
How long is the agreed timeframe for retained recruitment?
When does this period start?
What if we change our mind or cancel the vacancy?
If this is within the agreed timescale, you would cancel the vacancy with us and as such your initial retention fee would not be refunded due the work we have already carried out.
What if another agency has a candidate during this period?
What would happen then, would I be charged more?
What happens if we source or recruit someone or they apply directly during this time?
What guarantees do we get?
We guarantee to:
- Provide high quality candidates, who fit the required skills and experience you require, based on the information provided during our briefing interviews.
- Provide you with relevant information to help you make an informed decision including; leadership and personality profiling, Fitability® interview session synopsis, personalised overview with experience and analysis.
- Assess candidates chosen for interview face to face.
- Submit the candidate you will offer the role to.
- Perform our role as a true partner and brand ambassador.
What if we don’t want to offer?
If you are not happy with the candidates we have shortlisted, you can either:
- Provide us with detailed feedback on the candidates shortlisted and any changes to the candidate / role profiles to allow us to continue searching for you and submit alternative candidates based on the revised search parameters.
- Engage another agency partner – we will provide them with the briefing documents we’ve created from our meetings with your stakeholders to ensure there is no unnecessary delay in briefing a new agency partner.
- We will refund your initial retention fee to you assuming the reason for not offering is based on quantifiable and legitimate reasons.
What are the advantages to me to working with you on a retained basis?
Why wouldn’t I give this vacancy to multiple agencies to widen the net and get more candidates?
You would widen the net, however you’d also make the holes bigger and quality candidates will slip through.
We work with passive candidates who aren’t currently looking so you will receive the best fit overall, not the closest match of who happens to be looking at a job board.
You would also need to make a decision based on a CV rather than from all the additional information Fitability® gives you.
© YOU search & select Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No. 10010992
In a Hurry?
Download a PDF overview of our service
Request a callback