A buzz word or something that underpins the values of what we believe in, only YOU can decide. Fitability® is not a something, it’s an amalgamation of everything we believe in.
How does Fitability® help our clients attract the right talent
Search and select agencies have been around for many years (historically called Head Hunters) and although we’re not reinventing the wheel, we do believe that to have a long and prosperous career you need to start at the beginning.
So let’s start.
Studies* have shown many interviewers make rapid decisions about a candidate’s suitability. In fact, 4.9% decide within the first minute, and 25.5% decide within the first five minutes. Overall, 59.9% of decisions were made within the first 15 minutes.
- Clients can’t meet everyone who is interested in a role and candidates can’t spend their lives interviewing, therefore we have partnered with a company that provides specialist interview technology that is downloaded to any smartphone and records a candidate answering real-time questions.
- It should be a given that the skills and attributes of a candidate match what a client is looking for, however how do you ensure that 6 months down the line the candidate has fitted into the company and embraced the culture and values?
YOU can’t and we don’t make any promises, however we can definitely help reduce mistakes and attract quality talent to your business.
How do we do this?
- By collaborating with an expert profiling company we’re able to produce a detailed analysis of a candidate’s personality and leadership traits.
- A detailed questionnaire has been devised by professional psychologists which our candidates complete online to create a picture of their personality and leadership traits, how they would interact with the rest of the business and what type of work environment they enjoy.
- This information allows you to make a decision immediately on whether to meet them and also allows you the chance to ask probing questions around what you know in advance rather than what you’re finding out in an interview format.
All of this as well as a CV and personalised overview is part of the introduction collateral clients receive to help make decisions about who to interview face to face. Of course if this doesn’t interest clients they can always skip to the CV part and make a decision from the excellent matching we’d have done here as a matter of course.
How does Fitability® help our clients retain talent?
We have taken the time to get to know the difference between our client’s employer and consumer brand and understand that a prospective candidate may only be aware of a client’s consumer brand.
We become fully immersed in a company’s culture, values, mission and growth strategy, this means when we approach prospective candidates we can promote the company in a positive and knowledgeable way as we know what we’re talking about. Many great candidates have been lost due to a clumsy approach from an agency that are more interested in obtaining their CV to submit rather than taking the time to understand if there is a true match.
As our candidates have been meticulously researched before we approach we know they are the type of people interested in the opportunity and would have a motivation to change careers that isn’t dictated by money.
Our candidates embark on a journey with us that takes time and patience to grown into a trusted relationship, only then can a candidate be submitted as the important hard work and research has been carried out by us to get to this stage, leaving our clients free to concentrate on the things that should matter at interview stage like, how will this candidate slot into our team, do they have the criteria we’re looking for and will they be part of our success for the long term.
The answer to these questions will be yes due to the work we’ve undertaken and as our candidates are fully briefed and aware of the opportunity (not promised the proverbial pot of gold) they will have bought into a company’s values and culture before they start, this of course leads to happier conditions and as such longevity of hire and return on investment.
As Abraham Lincoln once said; “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening my axe”.
So to summarise, clients get to see, hear, understand and confirm skills before they’ve even met candidates. Candidates know they’re more than just words a piece of paper and are engaged from the start so have a real alignment with a company in advance of starting their new career.